Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD Kenmore Gas Dryer, Can she make it

Hello there! I need some input about my Kenmore Gas dryer. It's an old model-- It has a timer switch in the center and a bullet silver start "triangle" type piece you push to start. Anyway-- I had one in college back in '93 and it was old then.

We bought this one for our new house until we can afford a decent 110 gas model. Our 220 wont plug in and the landlord doesn't want us messing with the electrical. SO . . . .

My question is this: If the gas drying cycle gets warm but not HOT, what could the problem be? If it is getting some warmth is that a good sign? Should I replace some of the innards? What do you think, can she make it? A load dries in just under 2 hours currently. I'm wondering if there is clogging somewhere.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Damien[8D]

Doin' it yourself is a great feeling!

look and see if the guys who stucccoed the house plastered the exhaust vent shut. Connect and turn on the ryer (fluff only) go out side and feel for the gust of wind under the vent. If no eind investigate and remedy accordingly.
    Let me know if you need more help.
    Regards, paul

Comment

quote:Originally posted by damienriley

Hello there! I need some input about my Kenmore Gas dryer. It's an old model-- It has a timer switch in the center and a bullet silver start "triangle" type piece you push to start. Anyway-- I had one in college back in '93 and it was old then.

We bought this one for our new house until we can afford a decent 110 gas model. Our 220 wont plug in and the landlord doesn't want us messing with the electrical. SO . . . .

My question is this: If the gas drying cycle gets warm but not HOT, what could the problem be? If it is getting some warmth is that a good sign? Should I replace some of the innards? What do you think, can she make it? A load dries in just under 2 hours currently. I'm wondering if there is clogging somewhere.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Damien[8D]

Doin' it yourself is a great feeling!
      LOL....2 hours?
      You probably have 20 years of lint plugging up the heat output.
      You need to take it apart, or better yet replace it.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
      X
      =