Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced Oven Bake Element, Now My Oven Is HOT

So the oven bake heating element in my oven broke. I found the exact replacement for my oven, ordered it, and installed it with ease. Now, it gets WAY too hot. Cookies were black, my pan was curling, and this was all after about 5 minutes in a 400 degree oven. I ended up being able to successfully bake them at 150 degrees for about 6-7 minutes. What should I do?

Make? Model number??

We need the appliance's brand name and exact model number in order to look it up to see what components it has which might be responsible for problems.

Forum Notice > Please include Make and Model # in post

Cookies were black, my pan was curling, and this was all after about 5 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
    You actually measured the temperature with a thermometer or is that just what the control was set to??

Measure the actual oven temperature and compare it to what temp is set and report back the results.

give the oven time to accustom itself to the new environment.
    No break-in time is needed after replacing an oven element. I suggest you NOT use the oven if the temperature is not being controlled properly. It could present a safety issue if overheating!

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =