Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Dryer Won't Dry

I have a whirlpool dryer that is 2 years old. It has decided not to work. Well it kind of works I guess. It will get the clothes from wet to very lightly damp. The clothes use to come pretty darn warm. The model number is YWED97HEXW. I tried doing some google searches and found nothing. I tried taking the vent off the back and putting my arm in the exhaust vent in the dryer to see if anything is plugged and as far as I could reach, there is nothing.
    Any suggestions or tips to help me get it running again.

Thanks, Jim!

Is the air in the drum getting hot? If not you probably have a bad heating element. Is the timer dial still set on the hottest setting. Many driers have different cycles for different types of clothes, make sure it's still set on the same type cycle as when it was drying the clothes good. Otherwise I'd suspect something stopped up, dirty filter, or you are simply overloading the drum with cloths.

Comment

No woikee!

You're going to need a meter that reads continuity to troubleshoot the dryer.
      Also, look under and around the canopy for a schematic diagram of how the machine is wired.
      The LINE terminals are marked L1 & L2. This is your 240 hot.
      Power goes from one side L1 through a thermostat, safety devices, the element and back to L2.
      With the unit unplugged check for "other" than normal conditions - a relay or overload that's supposed to be closed is "open."
      There's one "klixon" overload in the discharge vent, there may be one monitoring the drum temperature called the "high limit."
      You may need to remove the drum before you can even see the element.

Comment

Is it heating or not?

If the dryer IS heating but just not drying the clothes, check the venting for blockages *all the way from the dryer to the outdoors* and for proper installation (see the following link).

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

If the dryer is NOT heating, there are numerous components of the dryer that will need checking (see this link).

LINK > Can anybody tell me the most likely scenarios for lack of heat in an electric dryer?

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.ca
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 04-06-2014, 09:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
        X
        =