Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Refrigerator Model TFX20JRBKWW

GE Refrigerator Model TFX20JRBKWW

Problem is the freezer portion is not defrosting and refrigerator/freezer not cooling well. I suspect a bad defrost heater controller, defrost heater thermostat, or defrost heater. Also open to suggestions on other things to check. I was hoping someone could help me with a copy of the service manual for this model and also give me some insight into where all these components are located in the refrigerator. I'm pretty sure the heater/thermostat are located behind the freezer. Is the timer also there? I'm currently letting it defrost so I can remove the rear panel.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 12-17-2014, 10:10 PM.

I suspect a bad defrost heater controller, defrost heater thermostat, or defrost heater.
    Those are good choices and probably some of the easiest to confirm. You can read about how they function and what tests can be done on them at the following link.

LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

You can see those components for your model at this link:

LINK > GE TFX20JRBKWW Defrost Components

Is the timer also [in the freezer]?
    No. It will be inside the control console.

I'm currently letting it defrost so I can remove the rear panel.
    That isn't the best idea. One of the defrost components would be most easily tested when the refrigerator is in the failed condition (ie. NOT defrosted).

Also open to suggestions on other things to check.
    Other possibilities are described at his link. Each would have to be investigated until the cause in your case is found.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dan, found the problem, a bad defrost heater. Refrigerator is up and running again..!!

Comment

Fixed

Originally posted by FordMan59
        found the problem, a bad defrost heater. Refrigerator is up and running again.
        Glad to hear it. Thanks for the followup.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =