Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore elect. dryer 90 series model 110.69902890

my basment flooded and now my dryer will not work!!! I know it is getting power because when I open the door the light comes on!!!! please help me!!!!

H'mmm. Well first pump out your basement..... just kidding.
    How deep was it?... deep enough to get the motor I guess. How long has it been? Can you manualy rotate the drum? Silty muddy flood or relativly clear water?
    It's best to disassemble flooded appliances and dry out immediatly before corrosion begins. Maybe you can bake out the motor but at this point I think you may need a replacement. I've used an oven on lowest setting like 140-150F and protect from direct radiated heat by placing motor on a cookie sheet or couple layers of foil. Or maybe place in 12" in front of an electric forced air heater.
    Since power has been applied, electrical leakage paths may have been established within the motor so it may be too late. All contacts need to be dried and any corrosion cleaned.
    If flooding didn't reach electrical componants it may be due to the very high humidity conditions in your basement following the flooding. Check all connections for corrosion and oxidation. If water reached blower and drum bearings and bushings, you may need more extensive disassembly, cleaning, dry, and lube. Water trapped in bearings will rust and lead to very short life.
    Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =