Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job

Comment

My dryer had same problem, and same solution, changing coils. At room temperature the ohms between 1-2 and 1-3 terminals were OK, but after some minutes operating the coil fails and the resistance 1-3 was OK but 1-2 was KO (higher than 6KOhms) after some minutes the resistance 1-3 returned to specified value. After replacement the dryer is working without issues. Thanx for your information.

Comment

no luck

I have a Maytag MDG6657BWW dryer and I have the same problem. Gas gets ignited stays on for about 15 seconds then goes off and never goes back on. I have changed the Ignighter, Flame Sensor and coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandor
          I have a Maytag MDG6657BWW dryer and I have the same problem. Gas gets ignited stays on for about 15 seconds then goes off and never goes back on. I have changed the Ignighter, Flame Sensor and coils.
          There isn't a lot more to the heating system on a gas dryer besides power getting to the whole burner asm. That could be cutting out on a safety thermostat or timer problem (less likely). It might also be an internal problem with the gas valve.

Is the ignitor glowing when the burner isn't lit but should be? If not, check the air flow through the dryer. If the vent was blocked it could cause the dryer to overheat and trip one of the thermostats. That would stop all power from getting to the burner unit.

If the ignitor IS still glowing, power to the burner is not the problem leaving just about only the gas valve itself... considering the parts you say were replaced.

Jmo

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Problem Resolved - i think

I went down the same thought process, except I kept thinking. If it was the gas valve, I would expect it to be intermittant. It lights every time. If it was the Timer I would expect other simptoms, like running forever or not advancing.

I had measured the continuity of the High Temp Sensor and it was fine. But just in case I unhooked the connections and jumped them together. Everything seems to work. So I have purchased a High Temp Sensor, expect it today or tomorrow. I will let you know if it solves the problem.

Comment

If it was the gas valve, I would expect it to be intermittant.
              You mean totally random? I wouldn't make that assumption. Components can function after a period of nonuse but always fail once in use.

If it was the Timer I would expect other simptoms, like running forever or not advancing.
              I wouldn't make that assumption either. Some functions of a timer can fail (and usually do) without all its functions failing at the same time. In most cases a timer would only suffer one type of failure at a time.

I have purchased a High Temp Sensor
              Did the ignitor cease glowing? That would be a sign that a thermostat might be responsible.

I will let you know if it solves the problem.
              Please do.

Dan O.
              Appliance411.com

Comment

darn

No the Ignighter did not stay on.

Changing the thermostat didn't fix the problem.

Jump over the Thermostat = works.
                Put thermostat back in system = Fail.

What next?
                Last edited by Mandor; 09-13-2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

It works now.

I was testing the dryer by holding in the door button and turning on the dryer. There must be some kind of feedback in the exhaust. When i put it back together it works.

If it is still working later I will repost.

Can someone provide an explination on how this dryer works. A schematic would be nice. Theory of operation would be nice as well.

Cheers!

Comment

I was testing the dryer by holding in the door button and turning on the dryer.
                    You can't do that. Proper air flow through the dryer is required and that will only occur with the door closed.

Can someone provide an explination on how this dryer works.
                    You can read about how the gas system on a gas dryer works at the following link.

LINK > Generic Gas Dryer Operation

There sould be a wiring diagram for your dryer inside it somewhere. It may be inside the control console or inside the cabinet.

JFYI

Dan O.
                    Appliance411.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =