Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dishwasher won't drain

I have a fridgedaire dishwasher that I had installed about two years ago. It has been a nice change from the ge I had before. I noticed that it was not getting the dishes clean and noticed that there is more than an inch of water standing in the bottom after the load is done. It runs through the garbage disposal so I took the hoses loose and checked for any possible blockage. None found. Could it be that the pump that removes the water from the unit is not working?

More information...

Originally posted by ladyjayne
    I have a fridgedaire dishwasher that I noticed that there is more than an inch of water standing in the bottom after the load is done. Could it be that the pump that removes the water from the unit is not working?
    That may be a possibility depending on the exact model of Frigidaire dishwasher you have. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag *on your appliances* in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

It runs through the garbage disposal so I took the hoses loose and checked for any possible blockage. None found.
    Did you try putting the drain hose into a bucket (raised off the floor) or a sink to see if the machine will drain into it? I have heard of blockages which would only present themselves when under the pressure of water but would appear to be clear when just blowing through the hose.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =