Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Washer Only Agitates Fast

I have a ten year old Kenmore washing machine and it is only agitating and spinning fast. The gentle/delicate cycle does nothing. If I push the agitator button in and hold it I can slow the agitator down, but there is a burning smell that starts to happen. What do I need to change in order to get the agitator to spin in different modes.

Thanks

More information...

** old Kenmore washing machine **

I'm afraid that is not enough information for us to identify the appliance you're dealing with. Kenmore washers could have been made by at least 3 different manufacturers, each of which have had different washer designs over the years.

Please post the machine's full model number as written on the appliance's model and serial number identification tag (not on the front face of the console panel). You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

** The gentle/delicate cycle does nothing. **

If whatever model of washer you have uses a multi-speed motor, maybe that/those motor windings are defective? It might also be possible there is a problem in the control system.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =