Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridgidaire stacked laundry center

Hello, my washer dryer just failed due to something that fried in the front controls.I know this because I saw a flash of light behind the dryer start button.I'm wondering why this would effect the washer as well ,the dryer and washer are on different circuts,one being 120v and the other 220v.I looked at the diagrams of the electric but couldn't figure out where they may be linked other than a ground and I'm not even sure of that. The model number is:FLXES52RBS8
    serial no: XE92240677
    How about some insight before I have to call in the man.
    Thanks
    Rick
    I like the new site.

Control panel

** The model number is: FLXES52RBS8 **

I'm afraid I can find no listing for such a model number. The closest I found was FLXE52RBS8

** I saw a flash of light behind the dryer start button. I'm wondering why this would effect the washer as well **

Aren't both washer and dryer controls inside the same control panel? A problem with one of the appliance's controls could possibly affect the other's just due to shear proximity. Although not the norm, I do not believe it is outside the realm of possibility.

Have you checked inside the control panel for damage?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

checked inside the control panel

In the intrest of Peace on the homefront,I folded and called the man. Probably only the 3rd time in 20 years,but I'm pretty sure the electrical block where all the power is routed to the controls is what fried. Unfortunately there's way to much wash to be done and time is a huge factor.Thanks for the response anyway. Have a great day.

Comment

Service

Originally posted by LOCKr
        I'm pretty sure the electrical block where all the power is routed to the controls is what fried.
        Let us know what the final diagnosis is.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        =D~~~~~~

Comment

The latest on my fried machiune...

Dan, as I said in my preyious post,I called the man, now it's been three weeks we have been without a washer dryer and three Saturday mornings to the mat! Ugh! what happened is the wiring block for the dryer caught a blaze and melted most of the wire in it's vicinity.Not sure if it was from the block or if the wire rubbed through and made contact with metal.(any ideas?) Well it seems that the wire block isn't a stock item and is back orderd from the company. I thought of just having the repair guy wire it up diect and skip the blocks but I wouldn't feel to safe with that. They also ordered a bunch of stats that I don't think I'll need but he saud if they do,they'll have them and whatever they don't use they'll send back.
          Okay,now it's been three weeks,almost a month....what would you do? Call and tell them to keep the control panel and go buy a new unit or hold on till the parts come in and let them try and repair a unit that has flamed out once already and if I do decide to not have them do the fix,do I owe them any monies? Your opinion will sway my decision. The wife is almost fed up.

Comment

the wiring block for the dryer caught a blaze and melted most of the wire in it's vicinity. Not sure if it was from the block or if the wire rubbed through and made contact with metal.(any ideas?)
            Could even have been just a loose connection.

Well it seems that the wire block isn't a stock item and is back ordered from the company. I thought of just having the repair guy wire it up direct and skip the blocks but I wouldn't feel to safe with that.
            I doubt most reputable service depots would do such a thing due to liability.

Okay,now it's been three weeks,almost a month....what would you do?
            Maybe try to find an alternate supplier for the part. Just because the manufacturer is out of whatever part is needed, doesn't necessarily mean everyone else is too (is it is even the type of part likely to be stocked). But unfortunately we do not know the part number of the part needed (let alone the proper model number of the machine) to be able to check.

Call and tell them to keep the control panel and go buy a new unit
            That might be an option but you had better make sure the part is cancelable or you may get stuck paying for it regardless.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            =D~~~~~~
            Last edited by Dan O.; 02-18-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Fridgidare FLXE52RBS8 washer dryer

Dan,
              Thanks for the comeback. Still don't know what I'm goin to do as far as this machine is concerned but the parts that were fried were the two electrical connector blocks in the upper section near the dryer fan. I have the prints but they don't list the part number.It's probably on some micro fische that the service people have. Do you think that maybe one of the Thermostats could have been the cause of the overheating?

Comment

I have the prints but they don't list the part number.
                If the service company is planning on replacing it/them, they must have the part number(s). Ask them.

Do you think that maybe one of the Thermostats could have been the cause of the overheating?
                A dryer overheating does not usually cause its wiring to burn up. Wiring burning is more often caused by a loose connection or defective component attached to it but without actually seeing what happened myself, I couldn't say.

JMO

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com
                =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =