Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer and Dryer Issues

I have an older model Hotpoint washer and dryer set. This is my problem. The washer doesnt advance to the next cycle. It is stuck on wash. Sounds like the timer, am I correct?

Also, the dryer needs to be hooked up the the gas line, but when I was given the dryer it didnt have the original gas line connector. Where can I get one (hardware store maybe?) and it didnt come with the exhaust hose. Can I get one of these from a hardware store as well.

As you can tell I am a female that really knows nothing about appliances or how to fix things.

(Dryer model DLL2650BPLAD, serial AG3115846)
    (Washer model WLW3700BNLAD, serial DG1279124)

Thanks for any advice, instruction, direction you can provide!

Gas line installation

Originally posted by Kimmie77
    Hotpoint washer [model WLW3700BNLAD]. The washer doesnt advance to the next cycle. It is stuck on wash. Sounds like the timer, am I correct?
    That's the most likely possibility. Basically, if the timer's motor is getting power, the timer should be advancing. If it wasn't, the timer would likely be defective and need to be replaced.

LINK > Hotpoint WLW3700BNLAD Washer Timer

Also, the dryer needs to be hooked up the the gas line. Where can I get [a gas line connector]? A hardware store maybe?
    Yes, most 'big box' hardware stores should sell them... but see my final comment.

and it didn't come with the exhaust hose. Can I get one of these from a hardware store as well.
    Yes, usually but read the following link about dryer venting first:

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

As you can tell I really know nothing about appliances or how to fix things.
    Than at the very least you should call a qualified, licenced gas fitter, plumber or gas appliance installer to have the gas line properly connected. They will likely carry all necessary connectors, and ones they prefer working with.

Working with gas and be very dangerous! If you're unfamiliar with proper safety protocols, you shouldn't attempt it IMO

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =