Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JENN-AIR SVD48600B Dual Fuel Range

Hi all,

I'm looking for the Users Manual for the JENN-AIR SVD48600B Dual Fuel Range in PDF file format. I do not have the original printed users manual for this range.

I'm trying to figure out how to put the range in to oven "Clean" mode. I have tried to work the front control panel by pressing the [Clean] button then selecting [1] (displays 3 hours on control panel) and then pressing the [Clean] button again. The range then waits about a minute and then clears any indication on the control panel that it is going into Clean mode. I also tried to press [Clean] and enter in [3] [0] [0] but that did not work either.

So I'm trying to locate the Users Manual to read what exact steps I have to do to get the range into oven Clean mode.

I have gone to the Jenn Air web site ( www.jennair.com ) to see if I can download the users manual there, but the web site does not recognized the SVD48600B model number. I also called the Jenn Air support # of 800-688-1100 and they want to sell me the users manaul for big bucks. I then asked them to tell me how to put the range into Clean mode and they said I would have to purchase the users manual to get that information. Crazy.

Thanks,

-Ed
    Last edited by ehanley; 03-03-2006, 12:20 PM.

Originally posted by ehanley
    I'm looking for the Users Manual for the JENN-AIR SVD48600B Dual Fuel Range in PDF file format. I have gone to the Jenn Air web site to see if I can download the users manual there, but the web site does not recognized the SVD48600B model number.
    Hi,

That is an older model which is likely why the model number is not recognized. If the manual is not available to download from the Jenn-Air web site, you will likely need to purchase a printed copy. Mainly it is just newer products' manuals that can be downloaded.

LINK > Jenn-Air SVD48600B/SVD48600W Owner's Manual

BTW. If interested, a service manual is also available for it:

LINK > Jenn-Air SVD48600B, SVD48600BC, SVD48600W, SVD48600WC Service Manual

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan O.,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will consider the purchase of the user manual if that is my last resort. Also, having the capability to purchase the service manaul is a great to know. Thanks for the web URLs to the manauals.

That service manual might be the second item I might purchase. I'm an electrical engineer and have the capability to fix this range if it comes down to that.

I will keep trying to get the Cleaning control panel sequence from JENN AIR by calling back a few more times to see if someone will read that page to me over the phone.

-Ed

Comment

UPDATE !!

I found out that MayTag is the owner of JENN AIR. I did not know that.

I called the Maytag support line and they quickly emailed me out the PDF file of the "Use & Care" manual. So better call the MayTag Man if you want to get great support.

I followed the steps to the tea for putting the range into "self-cleaning" mode and it would still not work. My steps were not exactly correct in my earlier messages here.

So being the electrical engineer that I am, I started to look for items that could go bad after years of use. Well within 15 minutes after looking the range over, I found the problem. It's an electrical button switch that is on the right side of the oven door. Not the electrical button switch on the top of the oven door that controls the light inside the oven.

I pulled the switch out from the right side of the oven door, disconnected the connector that was on the back of the switch and did a volt meter conductivity test to see if the switch works. And it did not work.

I open up the switch and there lies the problem, a sliding contact on the inside of the switch was broken off that slides against the pins that protrude out the back of the switch. It does not look repairable and the switch is a high temperture one, so I will need to order the part.

The part numbers I see on the side of the defective button switch are: ASP2831-103 208434

I did my own temp switch to see if I can get the range into "self-cleaning" mode, and I DID get it to work. It came down to a bad switch.

-Ed

Comment

PART ORDERED !!

Well, I went to your web site that you referenced below to get the manuals, appliance411.com ---> repairclinic.com . I looked both on the Jenn Air web site for the switch part and on your repairclinic.com web site and I found the switch easily on your web site and Not at all on the Jenn Air web site. Boy Jenn Air has some work to do on their web site.

So for $12.40 + S&H ($4.95) I have the issue fixed.

What a day.

Now others on the planet Earth can get this same problem solved by finding this message thread on the homerepairforum.com web site after it gets indexed by Google and others. See how many people we can help, better that Jenn Air's own phone support people.

On to the next item to fix in the house.

-Ed
          Last edited by ehanley; 03-04-2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I found out that Maytag is the owner of JENN AIR. I did not know that.
            Yes... until Whirlpool takes Maytag over shortly. You can read about the various appliance brand names and whom makes/owns them at the following link:

LINK > Who makes what appliance brand?

I found the problem. It's an electrical button switch that is on the right side of the oven door. Not the electrical button switch on the top of the oven door that controls the light inside the oven.
            The 'door lock' switch (see the following link). Yes, if the control can't determine the door is locked, it won't allow the oven to go into a self-clean cycle as a safety precaution.

LINK > Jenn-Air SVD48600B Door Lock Switch

I DID get it to work. It came down to a bad switch.
            Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow up!

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site
            =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =