X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid Dishwasher Help...

Hello,

I wanted to ask for your help on my KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDV24SEWH2

The 110 AC is getting in and the dishwasher will start but suddenly after a few seconds "Lo" is displayed and it shuts down.

I had a service pro out here and he said the voltage on the board was only 80 volts and that was the problem yet his solution was replacing both for $300! I told him thank you and good day.

Any thoughts on repair? I checked the thermal fuse and that is okay. Also; any good sites to buying the new boards and putting them in myself or should I just replace the dishwasher (hate to because it is in mint condition and my wife loves the performance).

Thank you.

Originally posted by rvk5150
    110 AC is getting in and the dishwasher will start but suddenly after a few seconds "Lo" is displayed and it shuts down... I had a service pro out here and he said the voltage on the board was only 80 volts
    That message is suppose to mean low voltage to the electronic control which would often mean a problem in the dishwasher's main power supply (or at least a problem in the power supply to the electronic control) not the control itself.

Was this "service pro" you had out a KitchenAid or Whirlpool *factory authorized* service depot?

his solution was replacing both for $300!
    Both What???

Any thoughts on repair?
    Was the voltage drop on the dishwasher circuit actually measured with a meter *when the error code occurred*??

I checked the thermal fuse and that is okay.
    If it wasn't, the appliance wouldn't function at all.

Also; any good sites to buying the new boards
    The following web site has a very lenient return policy, allowing even electrical part to be returned when not needed. Few other companies allow that.

LINK > Return any Part!

or should I just replace the dishwasher
    IMO, not until you find out *for certain* the problem with it. I myself have my doubts the electronic control is responsible but it may be a possibility.

my wife loves the performance
    I doubt many of the newer models would be as good as the one you have. If at all possible, I would suggest you try to hang onto it.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan,

Thank you for the reply; here are some more answer to your questions...

Was this "service pro" you had out a KitchenAid or Whirlpool *factory authorized* service depot?

Yes; he was dispatched from the 800 number I called on the inside door of the dishwasher...I already called and left a complaint message and will call again on Monday.

Both What???

Both the power supply pcb and the main pcb.

Was the voltage drop on the dishwasher circuit actually measured with a meter *when the error code occurred*??

It appeared that way as he did use a DMM; I have one...can you show me on schematics or photos where to measure myself and then I can be sure and get back to you?

IMO, not until you find out *for certain* the problem with it. I myself have my doubts the electronic control is responsible but it may be a possibility.

I agree which is why I sent him packing and am looking for a solution myself. The dishwasher is great and we don't have money laying around to replace it...I have hope because it does turn on but then states "Lo" and turns off. I feel like this is not a complete breakdown and can be fixed.

Can you help me in finding a solution? I have a DMM and basic electrical skills; can you tell me what to look for and what to measure etc? I looked for the "diagnostics" that are supposed to come with this model inside the door but they are missing.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rvk5150
        Yes; he was dispatched from the 800 number I called on the inside door of the dishwasher...
        Good. A factory authorized service depot should be best able to find and correct problems... most of the time. There will usually be several for any given area (see the following link). I usually recommend calling a local company if possible and not one at an 800 number.

LINK > KitchenAid, Whirlpool and Roper Service Locator

Both the power supply pcb and the main pcb.
        Most often the electronic controls are self contained (ie. power transformer(s) integrated). I do not see that the electronic control used on your dishwasher is any different = no separate power supply PCB... but I couldn't say 100% without seeing the unit's actual wiring diagram.

can you show me on schematics or photos where to measure myself?
        I'm afraid I am not willing to accept the liability of instructing you to poke around a live appliance. Sorry.

I looked for the "diagnostics" that are supposed to come with this model inside the door but they are missing.
        Only on much older models are they usually inside the door or rolled up inside the control panel. On more recent models they are more often found in a small pocket, pouch or envelope behind the lower access panel.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site
        =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =