Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sump gasket

thank you.

it looks like the sump gasket was not seated 100% correctly.

all fixed now and working like a charm.

Comment

Kitchenaid dishwasher leaks

I have a similar problem. My kitchenaid dishwasher stared leaking. The main gasket was very spongy, so I replaced the main gasket around the door. But to no avail.

The water splashes out from under the door at the two corners, but ony after the dishwasher is filled and the pump first starts.

At the point that the pump starts a bunch of water comes out under the door (mostly at corners) the stops, even though the pump keeps pumping.

I took off bottom sprayer, and all screws there look tight. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by rabshm

My kitchenaid dishwasher...
        KitchenAid has made many designs of dishwashers over the years. The only way for us to find out what design you're dealing with is if you post its complete model number.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

the point that the pump starts a bunch of water comes out under the door (mostly at corners) the stops, even though the pump keeps pumping.

I took off bottom sprayer, and all screws there look tight. Any suggestions?
        Does the spray arm turn freely? If not, a 'wave action' in the tub water might be created by its lack of movement.

I can't think of anything else. Someone might need to try to observe it in action to see what might be causing it.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kitechaid dishwasher

Model is KUDM25SHBL1

Even though the torx screws LOOKED tight, I tried tightening then, and some very very slightly loose.

I ran again, and no leaks.

Do you think I should replace the gasket under this head since the screws being slightly loose sprayed water?

Comment

Pump cover loose

Even though the torx screws LOOKED tight...
            Actually checking them would have been the preferred way to go from the start.

Do you think I should replace the gasket under this head since the screws being slightly loose sprayed water?
            I have seen that seal get stretched after such a condition. Since it doesn't look too costly, it might be an inexpensive precaution?

LINK > KitchenAid KUDM25SHBL1 Pump Cover Seal

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

worn wash arm bushing

After trying all the posted suggestions, my porblem was solved by replaceing a worn wash arm bearing ring (p/n 9742946). $4 part on line, $8 from local appliance dealer.

Comment

I believe the worn bushing caused the wash arm to wabble therby directing water under the door simmilar to what happens if the end of the wash arm springs a leak as was noted in another posting. I would be curious if anyone supports or refutes my theory. All I know is that replacement of the worn bushing stopped the leak.

Comment

same problem....sump seal seems loose

where are the screws accessed from, underneath? thanks, Jeff

Comment

What model?

where are the screws accessed from
                    Inside the tub beneath the spray arm ...if your model is designed the same as the other poster's model is. See the image below.

There are numerous different KitchenAid pump designs that have been used over the years so that possibility may not even be applicable to whichever model you have.

JFYI

Dan O.
                    www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 12-10-2011, 02:24 AM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =