• Show
Clear All

• GE Dryer wont get hot

GE electric Dryer
    Mod#DBXR463EBOWW
    Ser#VD752480A

Dryer was bought in 2002
    Dryer runs but does not get hot.
    I disconnected the exhaust and cleaned all the lint from the inside.
    I also knoticed that the when you open the door the light is not on. but if you open it after its running the light will be on then you hear a switch inside and the light goes off?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Originally posted by lumpkin78@yahoo.com

GE electric dryer Mod # DBXR463EB0WW runs but does not get hot.
    You can read about the most common causes of that at the following link. Each would have to be tested for one at a time until the cause in your case is found or deduced.

LINK > Can anybody tell me the most likely scenarios for lack of heat in an electric dryer?

I disconnected the exhaust and cleaned all the lint from the inside.
    Was there a lot? If your dryer model uses any kind of thermal fuse, maybe it opened as a safety precaution?

How long is the dryer's vent? Improper vent installations (see the following link) often result in excessive lint build up inside of dryers. Such an installation should be corrected!

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

I also noticed that the when you open the door the light is not on. but if you open it after its running the light will be on then you hear a switch inside and the light goes off?
    I don't know what would cause that symptom besides a defective door switch (see the link below) or maybe shorted wiring inside the dryer.

LINK > GE DBXR463EB0WW Door Switch

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =