Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Disposal

I have a double sink and need to line up my drain connection to my other sink. In order to install a new disposal so I do not have to make any plumbibg changes, what should I do? Do I have to use the same type and power of unit or does the drain pipe come out in the same place no matter what?
    Zee

Zelma,

Welcome to the forum.

The distance from the sink flange down to the center of the side drain is normally between 6 to 7.5" depending on the brand and model. I would measure your old disposal and try to find something close for this dimension.

The slip connection at the bottom of your other sink will allow for some adjustments. Keep in mind that the horizontal pipe has to slope down and away from the disposal.

As far as the power or HP of your new model you can choose any size you want. Your standard wiring will handle it. If you have a 'batch feed' now you probably want to get another one so you don't have to add a switch. Or conversely if you have a 'continuous feed' now, make sure the new one is the same.

Hope this helps, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =