Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manual says the water reservoir may be frozen, but how do I check that?
    Find the reservoir and inspect it? It will usually be mounted in the area behind the crisper drawers. You can see what it looks like at the following link.

LINK > GE GSS23WGTAWW Water Reservoir

When I used a Brita replacement [filter], the water dispenser stopped working.
    Have you tried a genuine GE replacement filter in place of that aftermarket one, since?

LINK > Genuine GE Water Filter

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I have a GE GSL25JFPE fridge with the same issue - no water from the dispensor. Ice maker works fine. Did the same inspection as steveb64 did, and traced the water line to the little blue connector just before the door. Same as Steve, I get water out of the line when I push the water dispensor, so the switch on the valve is working fine. Can the water line up into the freezer freeze on this model? How can I check it, and what else could I look at to determine what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EBeast

Can the water line up into the freezer freeze on this model?
        The water line doesn't go into the freezer but it is entirely possible the water line inside the freezer door could freeze, yes.

How can I check it
        If water is definitely getting to the freezer door but not out the dispenser, there shouldn't be anything else that could stop it.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I checked the tubes underneath the freezer door behind the grill, and there is no water coming out.

I unplugged the valve that connected the two tubes and there were a few drips coming out, but not a stream of water.

Does that suggest that there is a blockage or the water is frozen?

If there is a blockage, how is that fixed? I assume I need turn the temperature up to see if the water tube is frozen?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =