Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Maytag MSD2756GE icemaker

MAYTAG - MSD2756GE side by side

Hello, I have a question about my icemaker. I just moved into a house with this fridge in it. When I moved in 2 days ago the icemaker bin was full of ice and worked fine. When all the ice was dispensed it has not made any more. Since this is a new fridge to me I am not sure how long the ice had been in there but it tasted and looked fine (fresh). The light on the door says it needs a new filter, would that cause the icemaker to not work? I know absolutely nothing about icemakers or refridgerators for that matter and have no idea where to begin in trying to fix it. I have read the other posts about this problem and I can probably figure it out but I am leary since I have no idea what I am doing or what the parts look like. I am hoping a new filter will fix the problem but I have a feeling it won't.

P.S. I have tried jiggling the arm and turing down the temp to no avial. The water dispenser works fine. Thanks!!!!!!

Frozen fill tube?

Originally posted by melissa88

MAYTAG - MSD2756GE side by side
    That model number looks short by a letter. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag?

The light on the door says it needs a new filter, would that cause the icemaker to not work?
    If water flow to the icemaker was restricted (like a plugged filter *might* cause), it could result in ice forming in the icemaker's 'fill tube' which goes through the rear of the fridge's cabinet, eventually to the point of totally closing it off. That can (and frequently does) occur for other reasons as well.

I know absolutely nothing about icemakers or refridgerators for that matter and have no idea where to begin in trying to fix it... I have tried jiggling the [icemaker shut-off] arm
    If the icemaker was trying to fill, you should (depending on the appliance's surroundings) periodically hear the buzzing of the water valve on the back of the fridge (see #8 at the following link).

LINK > My new refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it?

If that was occurring, a frozen closed icemaker fill tube may be a possibility. If the water valve is not buzzing when the icemaker should be filling, a problem with that fill valve or the icemaker itself might be possibilities.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =