Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Refrigerator - mystery puddles

We have a side by side Maytag fridge (MSD2454GR*) that has an icemaker/water dispenser.

Recently, something is causing it to leak a large puddle of water on the freezer side away from the fridge every evening - there is no direct wet water trail to the fridge. My husband has moved the fridge and the water line appears fine.

Any ideas what is causing this? There is a little bit of ice buildup on the base of the fridge, but it does not feel wet or anything at night.

Does this machine cycle somehow at night and spit out water?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    :-) joan
    joanmariethomas@yahoo.com

Maytag fridge MSD2454GR*
    Did you get that number right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? There should be a letter where you have a "*".

something is causing it to leak a large puddle of water on the freezer side every evening. Any ideas what is causing this?
    It could very well be caused by a plugged defrost water drain. Other than an icemaker, that's the only place any quantity of water can come from in the freezer compartment... if it is not thawing.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

water puddle

Some if not most refrigerators have a small pan underneath that catch small amounts of water and hold it until it dries up, is it possible the pan was moved or damaged? I have a Maytag fridge also, and the pan sits in a small cradle right against the bottom of the unit. It can be seen from front when the lower grill is removed.
      While you're down there, make sure you clean it out, there will probably be a ton of dust, which makes the appliance work harder, and may be causing the plugged drain Dan O speaks of
      leone184

Comment

Same Thing

My Maytag (same model) did the same thing freezing the water under the basket I found after taking the inside cover, the lower one in the back where the defrost drain is it was frozen and plugged I turned off and unloaded freezer the after all thawed out ran a pipe cleaner to check drain and it was then open it appears it was only plugged from freezing also I did not find a pan like most other freezers have that are dumped periodically after defrosting I wonder where the water goes but have never seen any I am considering calling some one to find out or contact Mayatg via e-mail if they will answer or offer any info Glad I'm not the only one with the problem but for now everything is okay

GeneH

Originally posted by JMT20 View Post
        We have a side by side Maytag fridge (MSD2454GR*) that has an icemaker/water dispenser.

Recently, something is causing it to leak a large puddle of water on the freezer side away from the fridge every evening - there is no direct wet water trail to the fridge. My husband has moved the fridge and the water line appears fine.

Any ideas what is causing this? There is a little bit of ice buildup on the base of the fridge, but it does not feel wet or anything at night.

Does this machine cycle somehow at night and spit out water?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
        :-) joan
        joanmariethomas@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        =