Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Disposal Mystery

My garbage disposal has been running fine until a couple of hours ago when I turned it on and it didn't start, not even a hum. The allen wrench turns the blades easily and I pressed the reset button but that didn't make a difference. Makes me think it could be the power. Is this something I should investigate further (and what clues should I be looking for?) or should I just call in a professional (electrician or plumber?)?

The first thing I would check is the breaker. Did it flip? Your assumption that it is the power is probably correct.

How confident are you with your electrical skills? You have to determine if the line going to your disposal has power. You would use a tester for that. Do you have one?

Of course, I have seen these wired in many ways, with a switch, in an outlet, etc. Perhaps there is a switch underneath your sink that got switched off?

Let us know how it goes!
    Try

Comment

Mine is kinda having that same problem, Except when I turn mine on I can hear a hum, but the blades arent spinning. I have pushed the reset button, still nothing, I have also Unpluged the disposal and plugged it back in. Do you think I have to replace it?

Colleen Booth

Comment

Working...
      X
      =