Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven dial Knob.......

Hello you all! I would like to know I have a gas oven real old more than 15 years, but is fit to the cabinet and is about 22" by 39" apprx. I have not find any gas oven that fit in that cabinet that is why I keep it...anyway it was working until the other days!!! that I have notice when I turn the dial knob the flame always stay the same no matter how hight it remain the same, the pilot dont work I just use a match. Before the flame use to go up and down with the dial, what can it be? beside being an old piece of .......oven any suggestions? also anyone can tell me about a new gas oven on that size I mention? Thank you all.

** when I turn the dial knob the flame always stay the same no matter how hight. what can it be? **

Which "flame"? The pilot flame or the oven burner flame??

In either case that symptom could be caused by a defective thermostat or possibly even a plugged gas line... depending on the design of whatever make and model of appliance it is.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

[QUOTE=Dan O.;19161]** when I turn the dial knob the flame always stay the same no matter how hight. what can it be? **

Which "flame"? The pilot flame or the oven burner flame??

In either case that symptom could be caused by a defective thermostat or possibly even a plugged gas line... depending on the design of whatever make and model of appliance it is.

Dan O.

Hi Dan thank you for answering my post is the oven burner flame that stay the same when i turn the knob, is a very old oven and I think is the thermostat is not working base on my research online, but I can figure out the brand look like W with a little crown on top. Let me know if you can Dan I like the avatar look cool! Homer

Comment

Maybe Westinghouse, probably Whirlpool.

Comment

Oven burner flame???

Originally posted by geniere

is the oven burner flame that stay the same when i turn the knob
          Oven burner flames aren't usually designed "change size" other than going from OFF (no gas) to ON (at full power). A thermostat cycles that flame off and on (at full power), to maintain various temperatures.

Maybe Westinghouse, probably Whirlpool.
          While the brand name is important, we'd also need its exact model number (as explained in the very top forum message titled "Please include Make and Model # in post") to check on replacement parts. It is even more critical than the brand name and it is unlikely you'll locate replacement parts without it. We *might* get away without knowing its band name.

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =