Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny smell from Ice

Hi!
    About a week ago, it seems as though my ice maker in my fridge is making ice that smells VERY heavily of garlic or something of the like. It's so strong, you can easily smell it over whatever beverage you've put your ice into (which obviously makes you not want to drink it). I do not have a filter on the water line, but up until now (6 months+) it has not had a problem, and the ice smelled/tasted fine.
    Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nickolas

Put an open container of baking soda in the refrigerator section. Any bad odors in the fridge will be absorbed by the bicarb. The internal air is continually ciriculated by the fan(s) and the odor should be eliminated. If the smell persists, have a water sample analysed by your local extension service.

Comment

Hey am from toronto. am having the same problem as you. the fridge ice maker is smelling weird. and its not working to great either. can anyone help me please.

Comment

If you do have a filter in the refrigerator tubing feeding the ice maker, it could be saturated. About the only thing in them is carbon and once it's absorbed all the chlorine or whatever else it can, it's all done. Then it starts spitting out nasties. It's always a good idea to change them every now and then. Otherwise, it's probably an odor in the fridge getting into the ice.

Comment

I make sure to dump my ice bin every so often. If I leave it too long, it taste bad.

How often should I change the refer water filter? The reminder comes on, but we don't use that much water from it and I hesitate to replace a filter that cost about $35 too soon.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X
          =