Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Powder in Dish Washer (A lot...)

What is this? Is this simply hard water, or is something else not functioning properly???

I had had some hard water issues, but this residue is quite the dusting (can be wiped or blown off, and covers dishes and racks, etc...)

Have been using the same soap for some time, but not sure if that's an issue, but has anyone run into this before and what is/was the culprit.

It's a newer unit, so outside of some initial hard water, would expect this thing to kick a$$ when doing the dishes, but they look terrible...

Thoughts???

Hard water??

Originally posted by Hard H2O

White powder in dishwasher
    Only in the dishwasher interior but not on items being washed?

Is this simply hard water
    It could be, do you have hard water?

If you do, there are several dishwasher cleaners that can be used regularly to help prevent and/or clean existing build ups.

LINK > Dishwasher MagicĀ® 8oz.

LINK > Dishwasher MagicĀ® 16oz.

LINK > Glisten Dishwasher Cleaner/Deodorizer

If you're experiencing cloudiness on items being washed, there could be other causes.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

dishwasher

I think if it was truly hard water there would be a hard crusty build up, not something that could be blown off. It sounds to me like the unit may not be draining properly, and what you are finding is the dishwasher soap that for some reason has not been rinsed away. This could be due to a clogged or slow drain or even hard water build up, and there is probably a way to clean it out. Check the booklet that came with the dishwasher.

Hope this helps
      leone184

Comment

Gotta agree. We don't use a dishwasher but when I was young our family had one, and I remember seeing soap powder residue from time to time. To determine whether it's left-over soap or calcium/iron/whatnot, you could try carefully tasting a very small bit of it. Soap will be bitter and nasty; lime won't have much taste at all, maybe a faint metallic flavor. Keep a glass of drinking water handy. :-}

Comment

Working...
        X
        =