Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my icemaker flooded my kitchen, help

I am in the process of moving into a new place. I tried to move my refrigerator into my laundry room to maximize space. While moving the refrigerator I extended the copper tubing that connects the water supply to the icemaker. COLD water started spraying everywhere. I initially panicked and tried to tape the leek with white plumbing tape. When I realized that that wasn't going to help I tried to tighten the connection, thinking that it was just a loose-fit. WRONG!!! 40 minutes later I had blue lips, 2 inches of water on my floor and couldn't bend my fingers.I managed to stop the spray/leak twice but it was very touchy and started to spray and flood again with barely a touch. Normally, I would turn the main water supply off but I am just moving in and don't know where to turn-off valve is. I don't know how to fix the problem. I finally disconnected the water supply all together and positioned it to drain into the sink. I hate wasting water but don't know what to do and the building manager is out of town. How can I fix the leak and get on with my move. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by loevspot

I am in the process of moving into a new place. I tried to move my refrigerator into my laundry room to maximize space. While moving the refrigerator I extended the copper tubing that connects the water supply to the icemaker. COLD water started spraying everywhere. I initially panicked and tried to tape the leek with white plumbing tape. When I realized that that wasn't going to help I tried to tighten the connection, thinking that it was just a loose-fit. WRONG!!! 40 minutes later I had blue lips, 2 inches of water on my floor and couldn't bend my fingers.I managed to stop the spray/leak twice but it was very touchy and started to spray and flood again with barely a touch. Normally, I would turn the main water supply off but I am just moving in and don't know where to turn-off valve is. I don't know how to fix the problem. I finally disconnected the water supply all together and positioned it to drain into the sink. I hate wasting water but don't know what to do and the building manager is out of town. How can I fix the leak and get on with my move. Thanks
    A water shut off should b under your sink (the small 1/4 in line. If not there try above your hot watter heater

Charles French

Comment

Working...
    X
    =