Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile Frig - ice, no water, no lights

I have GE model PSS26SGRC SS, a side-by-side 2-yr old refrigerator that quit dispensing water, then the lights on the door control panel stopped working. It makes ice okay, and the temperatures seem okay. I replace the water filter about a month ago, but it worked for several weeks after that, so I doubt that's the problem. The reservoir doesn't appear to be frozen. Could my problem be the electronic panel? It won't dispense ice or water and the light doesn't work on the outside of the door either. Help!

Timing?

Originally posted by Yukon
    GE side-by-side model PSS26SGRC SS refrigerator

it quit dispensing water, then the lights on the door control panel stopped working.
    This happened one after the other and not at the same time?

It makes ice okay
    Making ice has nothing to do with the dispenser or the dispensing of them. The icemaker is responsible for making cubes and is totally independent of dispenser operation.

and the temperatures seem okay.
    The temperature would not affect operation of the dispenser unit.

I replace the water filter about a month ago, but it worked for several weeks after that, so I doubt that's the problem.
    The filter would also not affect operation of the dispenser electrical components.

Could my problem be the electronic panel?
    That is a possibility but it could just be the door is no longer getting power. Check the connections where the door wiring attaches to the cabinet, either in the lower or upper hinge area.

BTW. If the water really did stop prior to the dispenser operation ceasing, you may have additional problem(s) as well.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

More info on door lights

Well, I didn't notice that the lights weren't working when I first had problems getting water, but I guess they could have had a problem at that point, and I didn't see it. Actually, The lights seemed to go on and off randomly for a few days - but none of the buttons on the panel worked at all. The lights would be out when I went to work, and back on when I got home. Almost like it had to reset itself or something. Eventually the lights stopped working altogether (they sort of faded and flickered for a day, and then nothing.) I'll see if I can find the wiring you spoke of, and see if it looks like it could be a problem. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =