Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned a test light? Is this one that uses a battery and probe with a common alligator clip or are you measuring line voltage with a lamp? I would advise strongly AGAINST USING for the normal homeowner any form of "live" testing. If you wanted to test discrete components, i.e. a switch, a normally closed overload or normally closed component with a battery test light go ahead. Thermisters resistances go up or down as their temperature increases or decreases. If you had the servicing manual which most manufacturers will NOT sell to the homeowner you would have voltage test points on the board to compare to a chart of the appliance. When it comes to an electronic board I have very little knowledge of what is to happen unless it is obvious - a burnt resistor, an open triac used as a motor controller, a stuck relay. anything else, if I don't have a schematic I don't even attempt it - it's another world. HayZee518

Comment

Tell me about it HayZee. If I ever have to buy a new dryer, I am going with the old style with the knob selector. No fancy anything. My Mom has had the same old boring model for over 20 years without any issues.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =