Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Ice maker- no ice

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find the right info. I like the good advice being offered

I have a side by side Kenmore model 106.51252104

No Ice. I double checked the water flow. I checked the filter. The water dispenser works fine. waited 24 hours.

Today I heard water dripping. I saw water at the bottem of the freezer. I turned off the water supply. I then removed the back cover of the freezer trying to locate the drip source. nothing. Maybe it was just a thaw from the door being opened.

Anyway, back to the original issue. The ice maker. I've gone through the owners manual and nope. Not a thing. Can I trouble shoot and repair or should I bite the bullet and call a pro??

Originally posted by BLee

No Ice.
    You mean just no water is getting to the icemaker to make cubes??

If so, if you fill the ice mold manually, will it freeze and eventually be harvested (dumped)?

I double checked the water flow.
    Just to the refrigerator or specifically all the way to the icemaker??

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O. View Post
      You mean just no water is getting to the icemaker to make cubes??

If so, if you fill the ice mold manually, will it freeze and eventually be harvested (dumped)?

Just to the refrigerator or specifically all the way to the icemaker??

Dan O.
      =D~~~~~~
      I haven't attempted to put water in the icemaker. Guess I need a tube or something to get it in there.

are there seperate lines to the water dispenser and the icemaker??? or does it fork somewhere??? I'm getting water from the dispenser.

Comment

** are there separate lines to the water dispenser and the icemaker? **

There are... otherwise when one was activated the other would have to operate as well??

** does it fork somewhere? **

Yes, at the water fill valve at the back of the fridge.

** I'm getting water from the dispenser.**

All that means is that water is getting to the whole fridge. While that is something, there is a lot more in getting it to the icemaker part. All of it will need to be looked into if you want to try to find the problem... if the complaint is just not filling of the icemaker.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

thanks. guess I need to pull the fridge out and check the water fill valve. And figure out a method to get water into the icemaker to test it.

Comment

finally broke down and had the repair guy out to the house. couldn't find good schematics on the 'net.

it was the motor and module assembly on the side of the icemaker. part #628519

Comment

Working...
            X
            =