Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE GSS25SGMCBS Ice Maker Door

I have an GE GSS25SGMCBS. The problem is that when I use the ice maker it comes out fine, but the little circle that is supposed to close, doesn't always close and when it does, it doesn't close all the way. So, the freezer isn't as cold as it should be and produces quite a bit of frost (I guess because of the humidity getting in).

So, I'd like to replace the solenoid, cable, or whatever else isn't allowing the circle "door" to close all the way.

The main issue is that I can't get the trim piece off of the front of the freezer door to allow me access to everything. Is their a trick to it?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Originally posted by tcfila
    GE GSS25SGMCBS [fridge].

When I use the ice [dispenser] it comes out fine, but the [door] that is supposed to close, doesn't always and when it does, it doesn't close all the way.

So, I'd like to replace the solenoid, cable, or whatever else isn't allowing the circle "door" to close all the way.
    On that fridge design, the solenoid (see the following link) rusting is a common cause of your symptom.

LINK > GSS25SGMCBS Dispenser Door Solenoid Asm.

I can't get the trim piece off of the front of the freezer door to allow me access to everything. Is their a trick to it?
    The information on 'newer' models at following link might help you to gain access to the internal dispenser mechanism.

LINK > GE Fridge Door Dispenser Access

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

That is EXACTLY what the problem is.

Thank you very much.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tcfila

That is EXACTLY what the problem is.
        The replacement solenoid (linked above) looks like it might be made of less metal. Maybe it will not suffer the same fate?

Let us know how you eventually make out with it.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Picked up the new solenoid today locally and had it replaced in 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =