Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Cleaning Refrigerator Coils

Here is an idea for cleaning the dust from your refrigerator coils from under the unit. I have a whirlpool frig whose coils are laid out in a zig zag pattern i.e. /\/\/\. I tried using the vacuum cleaner but could see that the rows behind the first were not being cleaned. Then I tried using the electric leaf blower, and WOW. It was messy, and I had to limit the blower to a few seconds, vacuum up the mess, and repeat until dust bunnies stopped appearing.

Thanks for the tip. Some condensers are in such a bad spot and/or so dense I have heard technicians take the whole refrigerator outdoors and actually use a hose on them. BTW. It's not a good idea to get any of the electrical parts of a refrigerator wet whether plugged in or not.

** I tried using the vacuum cleaner but could see that the rows behind the first were not being cleaned. **

No. And often the dust is actually 'caked' on and not able to just get sucked away. There are however several types of refrigerator coil cleaning brushes which do a good job and don't make as big a mess as a leaf blower would. Just require a little more elbow grease. Some brushes even have flexible handles to allow them into odd areas.

LINK > Whirlpool Condenser Brush

LINK > Amana Condenser Brush

LINK > Maytag Lint/Dust Brush

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =