Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whirlpool ed25dq icemaker not dispencing ice

I have a whirlpool side by side with an automatic ice dispenser. The ice dispenser seems to be overfilling and therefore ice cubes are connected and cant be released. They are the half moon shape ice cubes. It sounds like it's trying to dispense but they are frozen together and can't separate or release. Then it also pours water into the tray freezing any cubes in the tray together.

It is obviously getting water and they are freezing. Any idea what it can be?

Originally posted by pmalyak

The [icemaker] seems to be overfilling and therefore ice cubes are connected and cant be released.
    Two things can cause that, filling for too long or water continuing to drip into the tray after the fill should have stopped. Each could be caused by different things.

whirlpool ed25dq
    That model number is incomplete. If you need any additional help, please post the complete model number off the appliance's identification tag to enable us to look it up. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

complete model number for whirlpool ed25dq

Dan, my whirlpool side by side designer series complete model # is ED25DQXDW04, Type C25SSA96. Built in August of 1996.

Thanks!

Pete

Comment

ED25DQXDW02 icemaker overfilling

Hi,

I just got the same problem today.

Did you ever got your problem fixed? It seems the thread went dead.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kaput5

I just got the same problem today.
          Were you able to determine which of the two possibilities described above is occurring?

Did you ever got your problem fixed?
          Even if they did there is no guaranty the cause in their case will be the same as yours even if the end result (ice cubes connected together) might be the same. I suggest you investigate your own to determine the cause in its case and not just rely on what someone else's fix happened to be.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

whirlpool ed25dq icemaker water overflow

hi Dan,

Water was running too long, overflowing and as there was too much water, it was blocking the full system. After I cleaned it up and got it restarted, I removed the front cap. Then I could see sparks and smoke behind the white wheel when it turns to unload the ice cubes and starts the water.

I am going to replace that part as I assume sparks and smoke is not part of the design.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kaput5

I assume sparks and smoke is not part of the design.
              No. I think you likely found the cause of the problem in your case.

I am going to replace that part
              While the 'module' is available as a separate part, it is sometimes more cost (and time) effective to replace the whole icemaker when the module is needed.

LINK > ED25DQXDW02 Icemaker 'Module'

LINK > Replacement Icemaker Kit

JMO

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I am happy to see a response! What do you think?

Dan O, now that you have my complete info, what do you think it could be?

Comment

now that you have my complete info, what do you think it could be?
                  I can't tell the problem just from that but at least I am now able to look up your particular machine to see how it is designed.

I'm still waiting to hear back from you on which of the two possibilities I stated previously (filling for too long or water continuing to drip into the tray after the fill should have stopped) is occurring.

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

water continues dripping after is should have stopped. Tray over fills and drips into into ice cube holer and dispenser. I decided to take your recommendation and buy entire new ice maker. Installed and it is working great. Rather spend $100 and be confident it will work vs saving a few dollars and risk it.

Thanks

Comment

Not icemaker

water continues dripping after is should have stopped.
                      That is most often caused by too little water pressure to the water valve on the fridge. That could be the result of a plugged sediment screen at that water valve, a kink in the water line or a problem at the water tap on the house plumbing for the fridge supply.

The latter case is often caused by the use of a 'self piercing' saddle valve or any kind of saddle valve mounted on the underside of a water pipe where its aperture can more easily clog up with lime and scale residue. Only a drill type saddle valve should be used (if not a regular plumbing valve) and only mounted on the side of a vertical pipe or the top of a horizontal pipe.

A problem in the fridge's water valve could also cause it although less likely than the other possibilities IMO.

I decided to take your recommendation and buy entire new ice maker.
                      I never recommend that to you as I have just now heard the complete details to enable me to comment on them. In fact I can't see how your symptoms could be caused by a problem in the icemaker itself. If you happened to also replace the water valve that came in the icemaker kit, it might have actually been the cause or if you turned off the water supply, you might have temporarily dislodged any blockages which might have been present.

Installed and it is working great.
                      Glad to hear it. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you but I suggest you keep an eye on it.

JMO

Dan O.
                      www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =