Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Model #ED25DQXDW04 drips

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model #ED25DQXDW04. About a month ago the water dispenser began to drip after a glass of water was dispensed. I have tried the solution Whirlpool gave which was to run the water for five seconds then wait five seconds and repeat for two minutes. This did nothing except waste two minutes worth of time and water. Does anyone have an idea as to why the dispenser would begin to drip? If there is a charge to the repair, can you give an estimate as to wait I am looking at paying? Thank you in advance. Maclyn
    Last edited by MaclynStringer; 11-05-2007, 01:08 PM. Reason: Change subject line

Water supply, valve or tank

There are 2 possibilities I can think of:

1. The water fill valve on the back of the fridge isn't closing tightly after use. That could be caused by a bad water fill valve (see the following link) or poor water pressure to the fridge.

LINK > Whirlpool ED25DQXDW04 Water Fill Valve

2. The water reservoir in the fridge compartment is cracked allowing air into it or it is expanding and contacting with use, forcing water out after it should have stopped. The latter is very common with molded plastic water reservoirs like used on your model (see the following link) when the material they're made from becomes fatigued with use and age.

LINK > Whirlpool ED25DQXDW04 Water Reservoir

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =