Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another GE Profile Refrigerator with display panel, water dispenser, and temperature

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another GE Profile Refrigerator with display panel, water dispenser, and temperature

Yep, another one of those fridges. GE Profile PSS26SGRC SS

The way mine went is, no water, then blinking light at the front of the fridge (where the water symbol is), then after a few minutes of that, the temperature display inside the refrigerator was completely out.

When I took the panel off the back of the fridge, I could not hear anything working (no fans, compressor, etc.) except a strange noise that was in sync with the way the light blinks at the symbol of the water dispenser. I think the entire fridge and freezer is not working now. I vacuumed out the back where there was some dust. I unplugged the fridge for about 1/2 hour, still nothing. I've had the fridge for about 2-1/2 years. Warranty is only for "sealed system" like the condenser, compressor, etc. Is it worth waiting for GE Technician for the warranty (now scheduled for Jan. 2), or shall I just call any other tech. Please help! I'm losing all my Christmas leftover food!

thank you, in advance
    Last edited by asteward64; 12-26-2007, 12:55 AM. Reason: forgot the make and model #

GE Service

** Is it worth waiting for GE Technician for the warranty (now scheduled for Jan. 2), or shall I just call any other tech. **

I might call someone else as at least some of your problems couldn't possibly be caused by any of the few things that are still under warranty. With these electronically controlled models, you should however try to find a technician with lots of experience with them or they might even be lost just checking it out and/or unlikely to carry any parts which might be needed, requiring an extra trip (at some later date) to complete the job.

LINK > Home Service: Technician Pros and Cons

Did you just call GE's 800 number for service?

If so, try looking in the Yellow Pages under "Appliances, Major, Sales and Service" (or something to that effect) to see if you can find a *local* GE factory authorized service depot which might be able to come out sooner. There are usually several in any given area. I wouldn't hold your breath though, service around the holidays is often hit and miss even if you had a simple appliance any technician would be eager to work on... and could, competently.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =