Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up part #4387835
    That is not the part that is called for if the original compressor is in place (as it looks to be from your photos).

theres no wiring diagram on the fridge
    Wiring diagrams are often behind the front kickplate or sometimes inside the control console (if it wasn't removed during previous service). The proper replacement relay/overload kit is also suppose to come with installation instructions as seen at the link I provided previously.

Can you tell me which wire goes where?
    I'm afraid I can't. All I can tell you is that one of the wires that goes to the compressor (usually the hot line) attaches onto the overload protector, the other wire onto the relay. The capacitor gets connected between the remaining two terminals on the relay.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Damn, thats the number that came out of the parts book from the fridge. I've looked thru the fridges nooks and crannys and no wiring diagram.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Fixed?

How did you make out with this??

Just curious.

Dan O.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O. View Post
          How did you make out with this??

Just curious.

Dan O.
          Haven't had a chance to get back into it and check into the wiring. I'm afraid to screw with it now that its running.
          I don't want to make it worse.

Comment

Good idea.

I did have one thought. The two terminals on the one side of the relay might accept the main power wire and also one of the leads from the capacitor. The lone terminal on the other side of the relay might accept the wire from the other side of the capacitor. This is just a guess though.

Let us know how you eventually make out.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Will do if I get the nerve to take the chance on the wiring.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =