Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropped down lint chute in clothing dryer HELP!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped down lint chute in clothing dryer HELP!

What I know about clothes dryers you could fit in a thimble, so please forgive me if this is a silly question. There was a clean, dry natural bristle paint brush resting on my Kenmore Advantage gas clothing dryer (model 79501). Upon opening the lint trap to clean it, the paint brush fell down the chute. Try as I might, I cannot reach it with anything to get it out. What to do?
    Do I need to call a repair person?
    Do I need to take the dryer apart and where would I look for this object?
    Can I just leave it alone?
    HELP!!!

You will need to remove the paint brushTry a stretched out wire coat hanger with a hook-shape at one end...IF that don't work;...First turn the dryers GAS valve OFF, and PULL OUT the power plug..... Take the 2 screws out that are on the top (under the lint cover plate) Then remove the rear cover and remove the screw(s) that holds the lint "pocket" then you can empty the brush out. Let us know how you make out, Good luck, Hube

Comment

Hube-
      You are a godsend. It took an hour, a socket wrench, a few "choice" words and some war wounds, but we got the brush out (and *away* from the clothes dryer). Thank you very much for your sage advice. Without you, our dryer would still have that paint brush mysteriously flopping around in there.
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Comment

Way to go Hube!
        Try

Comment

Working...
        X
        =