Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn Air Wall Oven (JMW9527BAB) - kaput

The display panel has been out and the other day the oven started beeping continuously. I removed the front panel and discinnected one wire to the panel from a circuit board. Does anyone know if this is indicative of needing to replace the display/control panel or the relay board or is it something else?

find out what's causing the alarm before assuming it's the control board.

Comment

** The display panel has been out **

Is the control just not displaying anything but functioning otherwise?

The control's display is usually all internal to the control so if the display is just not working in most cases the control needs to be replaced.

LINK > Jenn-Air JMW9527BAB Electronic control

** and started beeping continuously. Does anyone know if this is indicative of needing to replace the display/control panel or the relay board or is it something else? **

The control beeping should usually be accompanied by an error message on the display. The error message usually helps to pinpoint the possible cause of the condition.

Since your display is not working there is no telling what might be the cause of the error message at this time. It could be just because of a problem in the control itself but could be because of several other problems in the appliance. To troubleshoot further a working display will likely be needed.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Display definitely out

The Display panel is defintely out however the oven was operating. Earlier in the evening we had cooked a roast but the oven was off when it started beeping. As you say, it's hard to determine with being able to see an error message. I had cut the power to the oven and let it rest overnight. Then I replaced the panel. The display did not work however I was able to start the oven and then within 15 seconds it stared beeping again. I don't know if this is much help. My thought is replacing the panel (@$170) but don;t know if at that price I should have a repair person look at it - really don't need someone who would be motivated in selling me a new oven (sorry to those out there making a living in the industry but too many guys have bilked us on similar issues before).

Comment

** Then I replaced the panel. **

What "panel" are you referring to??

** I was able to start the oven and then within 15 seconds it stared beeping again. I don't know if this is much help. **

I'm afraid not.

** I don't know if I should have a repair person look at it **

I'm pretty sure they will not be able to do much for you until the control is replaced so they can read any error message it is suppose to be displaying. So it will likely be; come to the house and say you need the control. Order and then replace the control when it comes in. Look at the error message to see what else (if anything) needs looking into.

** the panel @$170 **

It was quite a bit less than that at the link I provided previously.

** really don't need someone who would be motivated in selling me a new oven **

If you don't call a repair company that also sells appliances, it is much less likely they will suggest replacing it if they don't actually believe it is in your best interest. BTW. The link below has something about your concern:

- Repairmen or Appliance Salesmen?
          LINK > Repairmen or Appliance Salesmen?

But of course if you ask for a final repair estimate even before they can tell for sure what all the problems might be, being unable to give you that answer they might suggest you just go buy a new one.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =