Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezer thaws and water leak

I have an Amana top-freezer refrigerator. this morn i woke to find out that all the food in freezer was melted/thawed and water was leaking from bottom of the fridge. Any ideas of what could be causing this problem? Condenser?

Originally posted by LIVED

Amana top-freezer refrigerator
    That is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number (and possibly its MFG number as well).

food in freezer was melted/thawed and water was leaking from bottom of the fridge. Any ideas of what could be causing this problem?
    Is power still getting to the fridge?

If that's not it then you can read about other common refrigerator cooling problem causes at the following link:

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

yes , the fridge is still ok it is just the freezer. i forgot to mention that my son was in the freezer last night around 8 pm. hoping that he just left it opened all night. if this is the case how long would it tak for the freezer to be back to normal. we found it this morn around 7 am and kep it closed , we checked at 9:30 am and nothing had changed. we can hear the fan constantly blowing but nothing hsppening. Could this still be because the door was left open(not sure but guessing and hoping)?

Comment

Originally posted by LIVED

hoping that he just left it opened all night. if this is the case how long would it take for the freezer to be back to normal.
        What that would cause is excessive frosting of the evaporator (cooling) coil in the freezer section (see the previous link I supplied). Such a failure might cause water leakage when it went into a defrost cycle (if whatever model of fridge you have is a frost free model).

An excessive frost build up could take several days to a week or longer to be corrected by the unit's defrost system... if able to at all. In extreme cases the fridge should be manually defrosted thoroughly.

we can hear the fan constantly blowing but nothing happening.
        A refrigerator will run until it reaches the set temperatures or interrupted by a defrost cycle (if the fridge is a frost free model). If it is not cooling properly, a fridge will run forever (with the exception of a defrost cycle) until it totally dies.

Could this still be because the door was left open?
        I wouldn't count on it. I suggest you check the things mentioned at the link previously supplied... and if you need further help, post the appliance's identification information at the same time.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
        Last edited by Dan O.; 02-14-2008, 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
        X
        =