Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Front Load Washer leaking H2-0

While running a load of clothes through its normal cycle my washing machine began leaking water in the lower left front corner of the machine, on to the cement floor. What started out as a small leak (with succeeding wash loads over an extended period of time) has now grown into a large puddle with each wash load. I live in area of moderate mineral content in the water supply.

I have checked the supply hose (yet to inspect the drain hose...) connections and they appear dry. I plan to opened up the cabinet to inspect the internal parts. I am hopping to get some pointers as to what I might look for as a probable cause.

Model number?

Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed your message now.

** Frigidaire Front Load Washer **

I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number.

** I plan to opened up the cabinet to inspect the internal parts. I am hopping to get some pointers as to what I might look for as a probable cause. **

Any part of the machine which caries water. The pump being the only 'working' water carrying component might be a likely place to start.

Often soap scum trails can be followed to locate the origin of a leak. Look for such signs and follow them.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

leaking front load frigidaire

You should also check the boot seal. This is the rubber that goes between the door and the tub.

The pump is a definite suspect.

Watertank

Comment

Working...
      X
      =