Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Disposal

My garbage disposal won't do anything, I cannot even find the reset button. I think it might have fallen off. The disposal is at least 10 years old. I pushed a screw driver in a hole in the bottom of the badger disposal and blew a fuse, now everytime I try to turn the disposal on it flips the breaker. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

quote:Originally posted by ssnewbaker

My garbage disposal won't do anything, The disposal is at least 10 years old. everytime I try to turn the disposal on it flips the breaker. Any suggestions about how to fix this?
    Taking in all the facts, it would be better to buy and install a new disposal unit. Poking the screwdriver into it wasn't safe, and probably did more harm than good.

Up unitl you mentioned the screwdriver, I would have suggested getting a flashlight and looking into the throat to see if something was jammed in the blades. Be sure to remove all power before putting your hand, or anyting else into the drain.

Comment

"The disposal is at least 10 years old."
      Are you trying to get into the record book for the oldest garbage disposal?

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
      X
      =