Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore dishwasher no cycle.

Daughter has a Kenmore dishwasher, model 587.1433950. If she scoops the water out of the bottom, it will fill up again to the proper level, but nothing else will work after that. The power light is on and the dial control turns to indicate it's going through the cycles. Inside, nothing's happening. There is a soap cover in the door that is broken and apparently does not cover openings 2 and 4. Also, apparently that keeps 1 and 3 from closing, too. (I'm getting this all over the phone, so bear with me and all the 'apparently's...).
    Would the soap cover prevent the machine from operating?

Motor not running?

** Kenmore dishwasher model 587.1433950 **

The closest model number I could find a listing for was 587.1433590. Please double check it.

** If she scoops the water out of the bottom, it will fill up again to the proper level **

It "fills up again" on its own (ie. even when the machine is off) or just when a new wash cycle is started?

** The power light is on and the dial control turns to indicate it's going through the cycles. Inside, nothing's happening. **

The motor is responsible for washing and draining. If that is all that is not working, either the motor is defective or it is not being powered... for whatever reason (eg., wiring problem, timer problem, etc.).

** Would the soap cover prevent the machine from operating? **

No it wouldn't.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kenmore dishwasher no cycle.

This is an update to the post a while back. The daughter's Kenmore dishwasher is now in my barn and slightly taken apart. The reason it's not running is the motor has a 'bit' of corrosion in it. I'm looking for an exploded diagram of how the impellor/pump is attached to the motor shaft. I cannot separate them at this point to extract the motor. The water side is a plastic piece with a hex at the top, but I'm sure that hex is only a configuration to drive the lower spray arm. How does that piece come off the motor armature shaft? Is there a screw down the middle? Or does the whole thing screw to the shaft? If so, is it left or right hand thread? Don't want to break it if I don't have to.
      Thanks for any help....

Model info is:
      Kenmore model 587.1433590, serial 45727230493, catalog 14335.

Comment

Hammer/chisel

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob
        [Kenmore dishwasher model 587.1433590]

I'm looking for an exploded diagram of how the impeller/pump is attached to the motor shaft.
        The only place you'll find exploded part diagrams for a Kenmore product is usually Sears. But they do not go into such detail as you'd be able to discern that.

On that dishwasher the drain impeller is just pressed onto the motor shaft and then held in place by the center screw at the top of the impeller. That's all the holds it in place... when in pristine condition.

I cannot separate them at this point to extract the motor.
        ... to extract the motor from the pump housing.

That is common on that pump design I'm afraid once a leak develops between the pump housing and impeller. The leak results in a rusting motor shaft which causes it to swell into the impeller locking it in place... besides leading to other damage to the motor beneath there.

In such a case the impeller usually has to be broken off the motor shaft, praying to not damage the motor bearings in the process. But with it leaking into the motor, the motor usually needs to be replaced to do a proper repair anyway since water has likely gotten into both the motor windings and motor bearings.

LINK > Kenmore 587.1433590 Pump Impeller and Seal Kit

LINK > Kenmore 587.1433590 Pump Motor

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dishwasher info....

You've come through again, Dan O.! That is the info I need and I will proceed accordingly.
          Dang! You're such a help! Thank you.

Comment

I'm having a problem with one of these

What I need though, is the manual. Anybody know where I can get the manual for a Kenmore Diswasher Model Number 587.1433590?

Jim

Comment

Owner's manual?

Originally posted by jcllings

Anybody know where I can get the manual for a Kenmore dishwasher model 587.1433590?
              Since Kenmore is Sears' exclusive brand, you'll have to get it from them.

I'm having a problem with one of these
              I don't know how much help an owner's manual will be for problems. They usually only describe how to use a product not repair it.

JMO

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kenmore Half-Size Dishwasher 587.1433590

I have the manual and all the paperwork for this model if anyone is in need of that I would be happy to scan it & e-mail it 2U. My problem is only that it will not fill, it does everything else just won't fill on it's own. Does anyone have a clue?
                Heidi

Comment

Water valve?

Originally posted by norwarp

[Kenmore dishwasher model 587.1433590] will not fill
                  Has anyone ckecked its fill valve to see whether it was getting power when it should be filling?

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =