Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid dishwasher will not run, rinse cycle light blinks

Model # KUDK01ILBS1

Was working fine one day and now it wont run. I have cut the power and waited 1 hour before restoring power. At that point no lights are on. If I press any of the wash cycle options then the rinse cycle light starts to blink. If I then press cancel, the cancel light blinks. pressing any other button results in both the cancel and rinse cycle lights blinking.

In reviewing other similar problems, it seems that either the panel-cntl (Whirlpool part # AP3177368) needs to be replaced or the electronic control assembly (Whirlpool part # AP3775964) needs replacing.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Herman

Stuck button?

Originally posted by Herman
    Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDK01ILBS1

If I press any of the wash cycle options then the rinse cycle light starts to blink. If I then press cancel, the cancel light blinks.
    Continually, non-stop?

A continuously flashing LED indicator is suppose to mean that the corresponding keyboard key is 'stuck' (aka shorted). In such a case the control panel usually needs to be replaced to correct the condition. In rare cases corrosion of the keyboard ribbon connector might also cause it.

pressing any other button results in both the cancel and rinse cycle lights blinking.
    Two indicators blinking at the same time is suppose to indicate a button without its own indicator light is 'stuck'.

it seems that either the panel-cntl (Whirlpool part # AP3177368) needs to be replaced or the electronic control assembly needs replacing.
    I think the control panel is likely required although that is not the correct part number for it on your model. I've never heard of a control circuit board causing symptoms like yours.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDK01ILBS1 Control Panel

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will replace the control panel.

Herman

Comment

Working...
      X
      =