Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore upright freezer

HI! In February 2007, I bought an upright Kenmore freezer, model # 253.26732102. I woke up this morning, opened the freezer and everything was defrosting. I looked down at the digital thermostat to see if it had been changed and it wasn't even lit. No numbers are displayed. The inside light works, the light on the outside of the freezer at the bottom works. Just a few months out of warranty.

My husband is pretty handy at fixing things, but this is out of his area in terms of diagnosing the problem. If someone might could give us an idea of what the problem may be, we should be able to take it from there.

Thanks in advance!

Your freezer model was made for Sears by Frigidaire. I have never encountered an electronically controlled freezer model like yours myself but two tips I've been told for that control design are:
    1. Try disconnecting power from the appliance for a couple of minutes and then plug it back in.
    2. Remove the 9-volt alarm battery backup (if so equipped) for a couple of minutes and then reinstall it.

If neither of those works, there may be a problem with the unit's electronic controller. I have been told they're very susceptible to power fluctuations... and to keep an eye on it whenever you see the house lights flicker!

LINK > Kenmore 253.26732102 Electronic Control

Why they'd use such a control in a food freezer is beyond me. Freezers used to be a very simple, reliable appliances that operated for decades trouble free.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 10-14-2008, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling of course

Comment

Thank you Dan! That makes a lot of sense. We've been noticing problems with our wiring recently. Our lights flicker an awful lot and we've been blowing light bulbs frequently. I appreciate your response!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =