Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dishwasher water level

Good Evening,
    Can someone tell me how long the water filling cycle is on a GE dishwasher model# GSD850T-55 s/n# ZH 797001 B? Thank you. Paul1

I'm afraid I do not have the specs for that model. It may be listed in a 'tech sheet' which usually accompanies the machine's wiring diagram.

Is there a problem with filling?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that after the machine is done filling there isn't enough water to spin the upper wash arm. I can tell by the sound that there is not enough water. I've been adding water once the fill cycle shuts off. I've had the machine all apart and cannot find any blockage. I'm thinking that maybe the timer is the problem.

Paul1

Comment

Originally posted by paul1

The problem is that after the machine is done filling there isn't enough water
        Has it worked previously in the exact same installation with no plumbing changes between?

If you open the door right after filling and leave the dishwasher off for a while, will that same level of water remain in the tub or will it gradually lessen?

I can tell by the sound that there is not enough water.
        Dishwasher water valves (see the following link) are famous for shutting off prematurely as a prelude to total failure. They will still be receiving power but not allowing water to flow through them.

LINK > How does a water fill valve work?

I've had the machine all apart and cannot find any blockage.
        There is no sediment screen in the water line at the fill valve which might be plugged?

I'm thinking that maybe the timer is the problem.
        It is possible but probably the least likely. Make sure the water valve isn't still being powered when it stops filling. Power but no fill = bad water valve.

LINK > GE GSD850T-55 Water Fill Valve

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
        Last edited by Dan O.; 10-23-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Dan, thanks for the information. I'll check the operation of the valve with a multimeter to see if it's closing while still being powered.
          Paul

Comment

Questions/Answers

I'll check the operation of the valve to see if it's closing while still being powered.
            The water valve should be open and allowing water to flow through it whenever it is receiving power.

What about the answers to the other (3) questions that were asked?? Each could have a bearing on the possible cause and could negate the need for testing for power at the fill valve which could be dangerous for a novice to attempt.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

There have not been any plumbing changes. I found the wiring diagram, which lists the fill times. I checked the value using a meter; it’s opening and closing in sync with timer and I have water flowing the whole time the valve is activated. I took the fill valve apart and did find any dirt in the screen. After the machine has filled for the first cycle the water level is about 1/8” below the minimum for this machine, 3/8” to 1” being normal. I think the timer may be the problem, as it seems to be deactivating the valve 5 to 7 seconds too soon.

Paul

Comment

Defective timer?

I think the timer may be the problem, as it seems to be deactivating the valve 5 to 7 seconds too soon.
                If it's doing it consistently there may be a problem with the timer's internal timing cam in which case the timer likely needs to be replaced.

LINK > GE GSD850T-55 Dishwasher Timer

JMO

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Thank you.

Paul

Comment

Let us know how you eventually make out.

Dan O.
                    www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =