Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDS01IJBL0

Hello,

I have searched these forums and have not found anyone with this problem. I have a Kitchenaid Superba dishwasher model number KUDS01IJBL0. My parents bought this unit several years ago and it sat in their basement until I bought my house. I installed it about 6-8 months ago and now when I run a cycle it will go for about 20 mins and then I hear a large "klunk" and all the lights on the control panel flash. The only way I can reset it is to shut off power to it and wait a while then turn it back on. This resets it but still has the same problem. My parents have the same model and their control panel went bad and they replaced it. After reading that these have control pannel issues my dad and I unhooked his new control pannel and brought it over to see if it would fix the problem. This did not fix the problem and I'm at a loss for what would be causing this. Has anyone come across this problem before?

Terminology clarification needed

By "control panel" are you referring to the part you see from the outside and touch to operate the machine or the electronic control itself (see the following link) inside the control console??

LINK > KitchenAid KUDS01IJBL0 Electronic Control

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dishwasher

Hello,

Sorry about that, yes when I say control panel I mean the part of the machine that the user would push the buttons to operate it.

Comment

Beware EDS

The only problem I've heard of that causes all the indicators of the control panel to flash is a problem in the electronic control itself. The "clunk" you hear may be the control relay(s) dropping out to shut the unit down as a safety precaution when it experiences the problem.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDS01IJBL0 Electronic Control

BTW. If you were planning on trying to swap that as well as a test be warned that electronic controls are very sensitive to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and can easily be weakened or damaged by improper handling. Proper grounding (like using an anti-static wrist strap) should be in place before touching or else risk damage to the control! Touching the control is best to be avoided altogether whenever possible. It would be a shame to have to replace 2 of them?

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

control

Hey,

Thanks for the idea. I am going to order one and try it. I do have a wristband to ground myself for when I work on computers so I should be good in that dept. You have been a big help!!

Nate

Comment

Let us know how you eventually make out.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =