Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE microwave shuts off when used

I have a GE OTR model JVM16535sh01. My micro is 3 years old and this just started yesterday. When I push any combination of commands from “popcorn” or just hitting the “30 second” to warm something; it starts, but the display flickers and the unit turns off. The display goes to alien script, (all letters are on at once). The display then tells me to “push clock” and I have to go through the whole restart sequence. So far, after 2-3 times it will work, so here I am trying to find a solution. Couple of months ago you solved my refrigerator problem, how about this?
    Last edited by Dan O.; 11-10-2008, 02:03 AM. Reason: text formatting

Could simply be a loose connection. Also try just unplugging it a few days. Beyond that, I don't know. Mine was doing similar and it turned out the door switch was not making good contact when I closed it.

Comment

GE OTR model JVM16535sh01
      The closest model number I found a listing for was JVM1653SH01. Can you double check it?

it starts but the display flickers and the unit turns off. The display goes to alien script, (all letters are on at once).
      It sounds like a problem with the control circuit board. Check the power supply to the microwave to make sure it is polarized properly and also grounded. If that isn't it the control board may need to be replaced.

LINK > GE JVM1653SH01 Control PCB

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X
      =