Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canister vacuum cleaner won't turn on

I have a Sanyo model sc-240 canister vacuum cleaner that I bought about 5 years ago. Today when trying to use it it wouldn't turn on. I tried outlets that other appliances work on. I have never had this problem before with this vacuum. The only diagnosis the manual gives for this problem is to check to see if the cord is plugged all the way in the power outlet and to replace the cord if the cord is damaged where the cord connects to the plug. I have the cord completely plugged in when trying to get it to start, and there is no damage that I can see where the plug connects to the cord. Any replies are appreciated.

if the cord retracts into the vacuum cleaner, there's a set of carbon brushes that contact a rotary "commutator" inside the rewind unit. this in turn is connected to the internal wiring with push on spade terminals. you may need to take apart the shell to access the rewind unit.

Comment

The cord does not retract on this model. Do you know of other forums for vacuum cleaner repair?

Comment

I went looking for your specific vacuum. I found that Sanyo doesn't manufacture vacs anymore. Other sites that I did locate your vacuum have discontinued stocking them. The pathway for your power is through the cord, switch and to the brushes on the motor. That's the best I can do being that I can't find a diagram of how to take your machine apart. Otherwise I'd try to talk you through it.

Comment

I went checking a little further and what I found was a variable of price ranges for the vac. From $32 to over $132. I also found this pdf diagram of how your machine goes together. Its really quite simple.

Comment

The problem was the power cord plug fyi. I decided it was the problem because when I moved the plug the vacuum would start sometimes. I just replace the plug with a new one, and the vacuum is running fine. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =