Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Nautilus Dishwasher Soap Won't Open

My Ge Nautilus Dishwasher will not open the soap dispenser when it's ran. It was intermittent for awhile, but now it's doing it all the time. I've already checked to see if anything is obstructing it from opening during the wash cyle, but there isn't... any suggestions?

Model number?

Originally posted by GPRace9r8

Ge Nautilus Dishwasher
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Similar problem with my GE Nautilus Dishwasher

My soap dispenser doesn't open until the washing is done. I put soap only in the main dish. After washing is done, I find the soap sitting in the bottom of the washer as if the main dish delayed it's opening for some reason.

My model # is GSD3220FBB.

Comment

the dispenser lid operates off an electromagnet in the door behind the inner door. the dispenser door itself is spring loaded

Comment

Originally posted by v34467

GE dishwasher model # GSD3220FBB.
          That model number looks incomplete. Please double check it.

I put soap only in the main dish. After washing is done, I find the soap sitting in the bottom of the washer
          That is most often caused by the dishwasher not spraying properly... or at all. It is the water spraying that washes the detergent into the tub water so it can be circulated.

How high is the water level in the tub compared to the heating element, right when it starts washing? Too low of water level can cause poor spraying.

the dispenser lid operates off an electromagnet in the door
          The most common GE dishwasher detergent dispensers (except very new models) are actuated mechanically via a cam on the timer and a lever. The poster's model looks to use that mechanical system.

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =