Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Kenmore Refrigerator

My 4 year old Kenmore frig. went out. I had a repair guy out and wanted over $300 so I say no way. I followed some instructions from some posts on how to defrost the freezer coils, freezer started to cool and freeze. Then the coils froze again I replaced the defrost bimetal in the freezer section. Now the coils are frozen again. So we looked inside the temp. knobs location and found the wires that go the defrost bimetal unplugged. I can't figure where they plug into? Does someone know if they go to the adaptive defrost control or to the thermostat?

I can only speculate that the repair guy unplugged it but didn't plug it back on.

Any help will be appreciated.

More details required

4 year old Kenmore frig.
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

Forum Notice LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

I had a repair guy out and wanted over $300
    He wanted $300 to do what??? What did he say the problem was?

looked inside the temp. knobs location and found the wires that go the defrost bimetal unplugged.
    The defrost termination thermostat shouldn't usually connect anywhere near the controls. It should be connected in series with the defrost heater (see the following link). But once the appliance is properly identified we may be able to find out for sure.

LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

Now the coils are frozen again
    "Frozen" as in with clear "ice" or white snow-like "frost". It is an important distinction.

Is it frozen uniformly across the whole evaporator (cooling) coil or just part(s) of it?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The model number is 106.74252400 it's a Kenmore Coldspot. The repair guy was going to charge me $309 to "repair the defrost system", that's what he wrote on the invoice.

The coils in back panel of the freezer were filled with ice, that frost like snowy stuff. We have been blow drying them as we try to figure out the people to keep the frig. cold.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =