Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Dishwasher (2 months old) not draining

I'll try to be as detailed as possible, so I thank you in advance for reading.

My dishwasher is only 2 months old and has run perfectly. Last night it leaked from the door during the wash cycle. I noticed that the drain hose under the sink fell from its bracket. So, instead of it being 32" high, it was mostly laying flat on the cabinet floor in an "S" position (and filled with water). Unless you can tell me otherwise, my assumption is that this caused the drain hose to back up and cause the leak. Is my assumption correct?

I reattached the drain hose and the washer did not leak thereafter. Please note that the hose is not connected to the disposal and there is no need for an air gap. The hose is installed properly, there are no kinks in it, and neither it or the sink drain is clogged. There is no leak from underneath the unit.

The problem I am facing now is that the bottom of the tub is filled with water from the original back flow from the hose falling. No matter what I try, I can't get the water out or reset the washer to the beginning of the cycle. The panel lights flash, the time says 1HR 20 min, etc. When I am able to restart it, it turns on (I hear a flush of water as you would normally hear at the beginning of a cycle), then it shuts off and blinks again.

I tried shutting off the circuit to reset it, to no avail. I've run the washer several times, but it always seems to be starting in the middle of a cycle (ex. starts with 35 min remaining, or 20 min remaining, or 11 min remaining). The cycle does end with the green "clean" light displayed, but the tub is still filled.

GE's FAQs and video demonstrations on their site are of no help. The make and model numbers are:

Make: GE
    Model# GLDA696P0SS
    Serial# HS800721C

I greatly appreciate your insigts. It really seems that there should be a simple solution, but I just don't know what it is.

Thanks!

Call for service?

the drain hose was mostly laying flat on the cabinet floor in an "S" position (and filled with water). my assumption is that this caused the drain hose to back up and cause the leak. Is my assumption correct?
    No. The drain hose not being elevated would not prevent draining, it might result in premature draining due to siphoning (see the following link) only which is the opposite of your complaint.

LINK > My washer doesn't seem to be able to hold water. What's the problem?

When I am able to restart it, it turns on (I hear a flush of water as you would normally hear at the beginning of a cycle), then it shuts off and blinks again.
    It is likely shutting down due to already being full of water and the control detecting that as a problem.

dishwasher is only 2 months old
    If the appliance is only 2 months old it should be covered by warranty in which case you should call for warranty service if it isn't draining properly.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I feel reassured knowing that the washer is still under warranty. But, prior to placing a service call, would it help if I use a wet-vac to remove the water myself and try running a cycle?

Whatever happened, maybe the washer is just "confused" at the moment because of it? Calling service would require me taking a day off from work, which sounds easier than it really is. I was hoping that to be the last resort.

Comment

would it help if I use a wet-vac to remove the water myself and try running a cycle?
        I don't think it would hurt anything to try.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =