Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag gemini oven stuck on

I have a Maytag Gemini electric range. Model is MER6770AAQ. This is one of the double oven units. Has worked great for about 8 years, have replaced a few cooking elements. After using the top oven tonight, I shut down the control for the "bake" as usual. After around an hour or so i smelled the oven, like it was hot.

To my surprise, the top oven was on, very hot like it was baking, but the controls indicated nothing. Tried to press cancel to shut off, to no avail.

I unplugged the stove and waited for a little while and it cooled down OK. Plugged back in and the top oven came back on - with no controls indicating as much, but the oven started getting hot again.

I am slightly handy, so would attempt to replace whatever I need.

Thanks in advance.

Steve M
    So. Maine

Red hot or warm?

Plugged back in and the top oven came back on - with no controls indicating as much, but the oven started getting hot again.
    If the element(s) are glowing bright red, it sounds like the relay(s) in the electronic control are 'stuck' (aka. shorted/fused) and not opening the circuit to the element(s) when off. In most cases such a condition would require the electronic control to be replaced.

LINK > Maytag Gemini MER6770AAQ Electronic Control

If the element(s) are only getting warm while on, the wiring to it/them or the element itself could be shorted to ground.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =