Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Monogram Side by side noisy damper door

I have a GE Monogram side by side refrigerator. It makes a vibrating noise at the bottom damper. When the damper door opens (its about the size of a deck of cards) it vibrates loudly for about 5 seconds, then stops. Otherwise, the door appears to be functioning properly. There does not appear to be anything obstructing the door. The freezer and refrigerator cool properly etc.

Is this type of noise a "common" problem ? Does it sound like the damper unit needs to be replaced ? Can I do this myself (I have average skills), or should an experienced tech do this? Thank you

GE Monogram side by side refrigerator
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number as the forum instructions requested be supplied. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

When the damper door opens it vibrates loudly for about 5 seconds, then stops. Is this type of noise a "common" problem?
    I don't know how "common" it is on whatever model you have but any mechanical part can generate sounds as they're failing.

Does it sound like the damper unit needs to be replaced?
    That may be a good possibility. GE did have a problem with the original dampers used on some of their fridge models failing prematurely and redesigned the replacement. I'd keep an eye on it.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =