Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire dishwasher leak

I have a 7 year old Frigidaire model fdb126rbs1

There is dripping from the back of the unit after the fill cycle, as soon as the actual washing starts.

In order to get a closer look at the back of the unit, I've disconnected it and pulled it out of from under the counter. Unfortunately, now I can't connect it to see exactly where the leak is coming from, but I know it's somewhere around the motor/pump in the back.

Would it be reasonable to replace all replaceable parts that are located in the back area, or is there a part of the washer that is a common failure point that I should target?

I found the parts catalog and the part I believe to be causing the problem is the Drain Pump Assembly. Either that, or the hose connecting it to the Motor Assembly.
    Last edited by granz; 03-13-2010, 10:16 PM. Reason: Found part descriptions

In order to get a closer look at the back of the unit, I've disconnected it and pulled it out of from under the counter.
    You couldn't get a mirror under there to see if you could see the origin of the leak while still connected?

is there a part of the washer that is a common failure point that I should target?
    There is no particular cause that would be more suspect than others, no.

the part I believe to be causing the problem is the Drain Pump Assembly. Either that, or the hose connecting it to the Motor Assembly.
    Either could be a good candidate.

LINK > Frigidaire FDB126RBS1 Drain Pump Asm.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the parts link.

The mirror would have to be way at the back and I wouldn't be able to see it.

But I think I'm going to buy an extension cord so that I can plug it in. I'll have to leave the water input disconnected since it won't reach, but I will manually put water into the dishwasher via the front door. Then I'll turn it on and see if I can get it to go through the wash/drain cycle. Hopefully that all works out and I'll be able to see exactly where the leak is.

I'm starting to think it might also be a leak where the plastic drain tubing connects to the copper just underneath the counter. If that connection leaks, water would trickle back down the outside of the plastic tubing and collect where the tubing rests on the floor near the drain pump assembly.

Comment

it might also be a leak where the plastic drain tubing connects to the copper just underneath the counter. If that connection leaks, water would trickle back down the outside of the plastic tubing
        Yes, that could be a possibility as well.

Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Wow, it's definitely the drain hose. My jangling around of the hoses must've made it worse because it's a full spray now. The drain hose is connected to the copper with a rubber tube length of about 4". I think that tube is probably cracked and not sealing properly against the copper.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =